Application Packets Now Available
Deadline for Application: January 19, 2018.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Children with a parent who is a regular, full-time employee of BlueScope and located in the United States, including employees on temporary layoff. The employee must have been employed one year or more as of May 1, 2018 and be actively employed at the time the scholarship is awarded.
- A child is defined as a natural born child, stepchild, or legally adopted child for whom the employee has dependent responsibility, including the responsibility to finance the education of the child.
What is the Scholarship?
The Baccalaureate award
- A four-year scholarship designed for the full-time student seeking a baccalaureate degree at a four-year college or university
- $3,000 annual award, renewable for three years (total award of $12,000)
- Open to students who are graduating from high school in May 2018
- Download the Baccalaureate Award Application Packet.
The Centennial Scholarship Program
- A two-year scholarship designed for the full-time student seeking an associates degree or vocational/technical certificate at a community college or vocational-technical school
- $1,000 annual award, renewable for one year (total award of $2,000)
- Open to financially dependent children age 18-21 who are new or returning college students
- Download the Centennial Scholarship Program Application Packet.
New! Centennial Scholarship Extension:
- Take advantage of the opportunity to continue your education! Centennial scholars who transfer
to a four-year university will be eligible for an award extension of $3,000 annually, for two
years or a maximum of $8,000 total award
- Ideal program for the student who plans to begin their education at a two-year school and
transfer to a four-year institution to complete their degree
- The Extension is available to students who receive the Centennial two-year scholarship
(current four-year university students are not eligible)
How Many Scholarships Will be Awarded?
Up to 12 new scholarships will be awarded for the 2018-19 school year.
Awards are issued in April 2018.
Who is the Selection Committee?
Independent educators with no relationship to any corporate division,
BlueScope Steel or the Foundation
What Does the Committee Look for in Successful Applicants?
- Well-rounded students
- Academic competence
- Maturity and Quality of Character
- Personal responsibility
- Future promise
- Relative financial need
How Do I Apply? for the Scholarship Program?
- Download and print the appropriate application packet (Centennial | Baccalaureate).
- Complete all application forms
- Provide additional materials; including essay, transcripts, ACT/SAT
- Submit all materials to the parent's local Human Resources representative
by the deadline of January 19, 2018.
Questions? Need More Information?
Contact your local HR Manager or Jill Harmon, Foundation Director at (816) 968-3208